If you are looking for a ratchet strap with an auto retractor, then you have come to the right place, and to kick start this concept, first we need to have a face off! The retractable ratchet straps vs traditional ratchet straps. Oftentimes, the ratchet straps on the market are sold with the straps and ratchet separately, which can make using them a bit difficult. Our products will always include these features that make buying our gear absolutely easier! You can find our straps in a variety of sizes for different use, so there is sure to be one that will fit your needs. Even better, we offer them ONLY with the retractable feature! We are Strapinno. With our technology of making ratchet straps retractable, the average install/strap time is just 20 seconds. That is unheard of in the industry, so you can be sure that your installation time will always be fast and easy with no effort. We guarantee it. So if you are looking for an easy, hassle-free strap, then look no further than our products.
Video Tutorial at the bottom of this article 🙂
The war between Retractable ratchet straps vs traditional ratchet straps begins here
Traditional Ratchet Straps
- Have to undo the entire strap to release it.
- If installed incorrectly, you risk the possibility of damaging both the strap and whatever it is being used to secure.
- Can be difficult to use in tight spaces or with multiple objects.
- Tends to be less reliable and can break or snap if too much tension is applied.
- When using it, you’d have to put together the rachet and the strap, which can be time-consuming.
- The average install time per ratchet strap for a traditional one is 2 minutes.
- Easily tangled and difficult to store.
- The locking mechanism tends to break after extensive or improper usage
- Not appropriate when having issues because replacing it won’t be an easy find sometimes after.
Retractable Ratchet Straps
- Allows for easy and quick release of the strap
- Installation is simple and can be done without having to take apart the entire strap
- It’s perfect for tight spaces and securing multiple objects as it doesn’t require much room
- Tension can be applied without having to worry about it breaking
- Comes with a built-in locking mechanism
- Install time per ratchet strap is just 20 seconds (including securing an item, wrapping it, locking it in place, and so on)
- Unstrap items can take less than 10 seconds. (including unlocking the mechanism, retracts the straps, and storing them somewhere)
- Straps are tangle-free and easy to store
- Durable and can withstand a lot of tension
- The whole ratchet strap comes together in one piece, making it easier to get your hands on the next one if one breaks.
How to use the retractable ratchet straps
Now that you’ve chosen the perfect ratchet strap for your needs, it’s time to learn how to use it! Open the strap, and unroll it so that it’s comfortable to use. Place the object you’re securing on the center of the strap, and pull the strap tight. You’ll want to make sure the object is secure before moving on. Next, find the ratchet buckle and attach it to the loop on the end of the strap. Make sure it’s facing the right way, and then tighten the buckle. Finally, press down repeatedly until snugged up properly onto whatever length/width surface was used (check out how to use Strapinno ratchet strap here). And that’s it! You’re all set to transport your load safely and securely.
Full video here from Ambition Strikes
The Loading limit
Some of the straps have a 3000lbs loading limit which is great for most applications, but there are some more specialized straps that can handle up to 6000lbs. This is great for heavier-duty uses or for transporting multiple objects at once. In general, though, the loading limit is usually 500lbs or less per strap which is perfect for most situations and objects. Always be sure to check the limit before purchasing to make sure it will work for your needs.
When it comes to choosing the right ratchet strap, there are a few things you need to take into account. Do you want something that’s going to hold any load comfortably while still allowing the security of your items throughout transport? Or perhaps you’re in need of an easy-to-use,? We’ve got you covered either way. The Easy Retractables(link) works tremendously well for securing most items, but if you have a tougher load to transport, the super Heavy Duties are perfect for jobs like the Dual Lock Retractables or the Two-Way Retractable Ratchet Straps. We also sell Stainless Steel Ratchets so that you don’t damage anything during installation/removal operations! As well as plenty of other heavy equipment tools available here! If you want to go another level higher, we also have the ultimate heavy-duty retractables with 10,000 lbs in breaking strength from 1.5in x 20ft or 2in x16ft in option. It’s important that you find the right strap to fit your specific needs and requirements so don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. We’ll help you find the perfect strap for any job. Easy as 1,2,3. Go to our Amazon Marine Bolt on Retractable ratchet straps here.
And That’s it
We hope you found this guide helpful! If not, or if you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Our friendly team can be contacted through our Contact Strapinno page.